Saturday, October 13, 2007

Just another day in Baghdad

It's hot still, but at least it's not 125...only 103 today.

Last week we had our first rain. I walked outside of the main palace and thought the sprinklers had gotten broken...but no that water was coming out of the sky. I couldn't believe it either the first time I saw it...yes they do water the lawns...but only in front of the main palace...I guess it has to look beautiful for all the visiting VIPs...LOL

But rain is pretty funny...you should have seen the way we were all looking at the sky like it some alien was descending...


On another note:

It's difficult being away from the family for so long. My daughter is going through middle school without me...and my older son is having his first broken heart.

My mother has been doing really well about the deployment. She's sent me coffee and pictures from home and even a couple emails. Then she went in the hospital last week with heart trouble. I think she may realize now that ignoring my deployment won't make it untrue...it just makes it more difficult for me.

I know how much my family needs me, and that makes being away hard. But it's harder for them...they just wait for me to come home, not knowing if everything is ok...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home